Friday 20 January 2017

Wow - the final countdowns....

Currently wading my way through the beginnings of TMA2, which up to now doesn't feel quite as awful as TMA1 (although I have started on it much earlier just in case).

But it has just come to my attention that there is now a final lifespan to the rest of this module (the timing of which came to mind when planning other family activities which will take place afterwards).  I realised when planning the fun stuff that the countdown we're working on for that also signifies the countdown to the end of my OU journey (well the studying part anyway).  I won't talk about the what or the how long here as this is a public forum but suffice to say that it's later this year....

The countdown begins....


Somehow the 'real' end always seemed like something so far in the future that it wasn't tangible, but now it has numbers attached to it.  Numbers that are real and tangible and reducing.  Wow - just ...wow!

I still can't quite imagine the structure of life without the studies, when that summer 'lull' ends where is the 'back to school' feeling going to come from?  Or will I hit couch potato mode for about 6 months first?  What am I going to read when I can't decide what to read? (some morning commutes it's just easier to decide to study than work out what Kindle book to start next...)

Those questions seemed so far in the future till 5 minutes ago....

Wow - graduation in October!  But that's for thinking on another day, after my head gets around this latest realisation!

No comments:

Post a Comment