Wednesday 30 May 2018

Where do we go from here?

Wow - it's been a LONG time between posts this time round!!

(and I will admit even a long time getting round to posting this and not sitting in a half-completed draft state!!)

I have to admit, I'd kind of lost my way a bit with the will to blog even over on the Beyond the Basket page -  I changed teams at work and with that came a massive slump in confidence.

I doubted how to continue now that I didn't have an 'OU journey' to blog about.




And at the time I felt like there were only so many ways I could keep saying 'this job is a roller-coaster of emotions'.  I've learned loads when I look back on it all, most of it unrelated to the project I'm working on, which is a new place to be.

But lately I feel a need to blog a little bit about the rollercoaster itself, it lends itself to my initial reasons for starting the blog in the first place - to share the ups and downs of the journey. 

And while this journey is now outside of the OU 'basket', I'm starting to realise that it's all still part of my 'OU journey' - I'm here, doing a job I love, partly because of my OU studies and the path they led me down.

So - that may have been the longest-winded 'hello again' you'll ever read, but welcome back, and I will try and keep you updated more often as to the twists and bends that life (and life as a Software Developer/Engineer/Insert next job title here) throws at me on this journey.

The 'Beyond the Basket' page will remain, as an archive to those heady early days of the job, but the journey and my story will continue over here on the main blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment