Thursday 16 April 2020

Life INSIDE the Washing Basket - Part 2

So - embracing the 'new normal', here's part 1 of our mini-project - can you tell what it is yet?  Ha!  I've seen pictures of the finished articles and I still can't really fully understand how it will stitch up to produce them.... we shall see.  It is a 'biscornu' - I'm not going to add pictures here of how it's supposed to look, until we reach our finished articles.  It is worked in two pieces, this is the start of part 1 of those.

Biscornu side 1, week 1 and 2

Our biscornu project comes with some rules:
  • We are only permitted to work on the items together on craft nights, whether virtual or in person
  • No additional work may be carried out outside these nights, we have plenty other UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that we can be working on, or pick up any other small projects.
  • We will share our work in progress so we can celebrate our ongoing successes with it, and share those with the rest of the blogosphere.
As my BFF and I had plans for a previous quilting project that we were to work on simultaneously, and I was totally unable to commit to my side of the work, we decided to start smaller on this next one.  As a result I'm really enjoying the process of working on the same item together, and don't feel like I'm so far behind.

Head over to http://apatchworkofcrafts.blogspot.com/ to see my BFF's progress on the same item...


3 comments:

  1. I came over from Deborah's blog to see how you were getting on with the project. This is such a fun idea to keep stitching together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopped over from Deborah's to see your progress.
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete