But upon counting, it did not match up with the flowers above to be where it ought to be.
No matter what I did, and how I counted, my cat was right, and my flowers were right. I pulled the entire cat out in disgust, blaming covid-brain.
I spent more of the session un-stitching than I did stitching!
And then I decided to work on the second side of the design. So that's when I realised that the mistake was made last week, on the main frame, which is one stitch too short.
So I have dispensation to fix the (currently invisible) cat, which was never wrong in the first place!! I'll update you again once I've done that, probably just on this post.
Oh, but I did sneak in some backstitch in the top of the frame, as that's self-contained.
I can work around the rest now I know what the problem is, as there's nothing much structural to stress about. So much for a simple cover kit!!
Check out my BFF's update on http://apatchworkofcrafts.blogspot.com
EDIT: finally I have a cat shape there!