Saturday 16 March 2013

What happens at the end?

Well this week I found out the answer - when you get to the bottom of the washing basket, you have too much clean ironed clothing to fit in your wardrobe!!  So you have to buy vacuum bags to shrink the wardrobe contents so it will actually fit!

But as this blog is mostly around my OU journey it also has me asking that question of myself regarding my studies and the 'next steps'.  Now that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel,  I kind of want to know what's on the other side of the hill.

Somehow I can't quite imagine The End (OU) being The End (learning).  For most of my life I have been learning in one way or another, it's become an addiction that will be very hard to give up.

Professionally (or developmentally) speaking, I plan to start looking into Open Source development opportunities first, just to give myself some 'real life' IT experience outside of my studies.  I think I would run that alongside the last couple of years of Level 3 study (the Honours Bit).

Personally speaking though - what to learn next?  I've always had a hankering for hang-gliding, or maybe a play-it-safe option of learning to make my own clothes.  Or both??

It's a few more years down the line yet, so I have a little time to think, but life, like the Washing Basket, has a habit of creeping back up on you when you least expect it, so it will no doubt be here before I have time to prepare enough.

Plodding on with M362, first assignment question complete, 3 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment