Sunday 10 November 2019

Workshop 1 - the one with the funny name - part 2

So....it's Hallowe'en, and it's time.... for Workshop 1 - Transunion.

Why the name then?.... ah .... I will keep you in suspense a little longer methinks, cos it's part of the tale.

So, instead of the traditional 'creeping death', we were to question the person next to us, find out about them and their lives, their reasons for being here (on the workshop not existentially...), what they hoped to get from the day, and any hobbies or activities they enjoyed (or would like to enjoy if they had the time).  I sat next to a lovely lady from Harrogate called Sophie, who didn't have time for hobbies as she'd just finished a maths degree, and had just started in a software engineering role about 5 weeks ago.

One of the things I 'hoped to get from the day' was 'to find out why the course was called Transunion', and Sophie was quick to answer that one - the majority of the class were employed by Transunion!!  So, with the exception of 2 government students including me, the rest of the class were familiar with each other.

So - there you go - that's why the workshop had a funny name - ah well, I'm not going to learn any special new principles from that one then teehee!

And then it was time for the workshop as a whole - but I think that one may need yet another post..... I have lots of thoughts to sift through around this workshop, and I feel like they would result in a gigantic ranty post if I try and sandwich them all into one (or two...).

So - more in another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment