Thursday 11 November 2021

Lots of Little Stuff - BFF SAL 5


Made good progress this week after a hard day at the office.  Donkey and cow have hair and ears, sheep have their ears, alk humans now have hands, and Mary has a finished cloak and a Holy Baby!!  Oh, and the Big Onion is finally complete.  I prefer my BFF's variation on the theme here though. 

I have a handful of stitching required for the stones in the path, and then a whole host of backstitch to do.

And then I might start to catch up with my BFF.  I only managed to fit in one of my free hours last week, and entirely forgot about the picture to prove it!  So this week I have a free hour left to work on some of that catch up.

This is the disadvantage of working on a shared pattern.  I would have been quite happy with the pace at which it's progressing, as it will be done well in time for Christmas.  But because I can see how much further my BFF's is going, I feel there's pressure to catch up so we can work on the new bit, the fancy stitch for the central star, together.

Check out my BFF's update on http://apatchworkofcrafts.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. Your animals have much more defined hair in the pattern shades. And hey as agreed I am happy to pause and work on an unrelated project till you are ready for stars, there was a lot of stitching in that there big onion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking lovely, you can see the figures appearing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One stitch at at time, you'll get there. It does look lovely so far.

    ReplyDelete