Wednesday 24 November 2021

BFF SAL 6 - the Other Christmas One

Sorry we were missing last week, we did get together on Skype but I had nothing to share, as I stalled on the SAL, big style. 

It was an odd night this week. Had another attempt, started off with a pointy needle for backstitch and was making such a mess of things it looked like a sketch rather than an outline - that railroad track at the bottom right is supposed to be a nice clean line!

So I stopped, and did a bit of crochet. 

But as my BFF had decided to start on a cover kit we both have, I felt guilty and decided to start the same.  And thus was born BFF SAL 6.  We both started in the same place here, we're working on a rubberised plasticy strange Aida - does it have a real name? The picture here makes it look like there's a fault, but I think it's just a reflection as I can't see it on the real thing! 


I did return to the crochet at the end of the night, and finished off my latest hat.  It requires a pompom, but I shall be purchasing a faux fur one rather than making a woolly one.  I've found in the past that woollen ones are rarely as good as the amount of effort required!

Check out my BFF's update when she's posted on http://apatchworkofcrafts.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. I have a terrible time making my outline stitch's look good, on some designs that call for outlining I do not do it.
    Nice hat very pretty color and style, a faux fur pompom sounds good to me.
    I am looking forward to seeing your progress on your new start.
    Happy Thanksgiving

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guessed it was some sort of plastic canvas! Interesting to see what it turns into.
    Are you planning to take part in my Advent Calendar this year? Can't see an email unless I missed it!

    ReplyDelete