Wednesday 19 January 2022

The Same But Different - BFF SAL 6

We often say that about the way we approach our SAL pieces. So it's not a new sentiment for my blog.

But the context this week is not quite that... I'm talking about the weirdness of the plastic Aida.  It's odd.  It looks like normal fabric but it behaves very differently.  It doesn't flex in the same way, so I end up with stiff hands after pushing thread through filled holes.  I like the lack of fraying, although I am still managing to see a little of it.  Not sure it's an experience to repeat regularly.


I had some extra time on my own today as my BFF had a meeting beforehand.  So Elfis now has hair, and a face, and a present.  Still feel like I'm playing catchup though! 

Check out my BFF's update on http://apatchworkofcrafts.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. I have never tried the plastic canvas, after hearing about the tired hands, maybe I will not try it, I do like the idea of no fraying, looking forward to your progress.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right about those eyes...roll on backstitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's an interesting idea, hopefully it will make the finished piece easier to make into. 3D shape.

    ReplyDelete