Saturday 18 June 2022

Gifted Gorgeousness June link up

Gifted Gorgeousness is hosted as ever by the lovely Jo at Serendipitous Stitching

We share a few things about gifts received or given, related to our crafts.  

I've only stitched on the BFF SAL this month as time has been limited, so I thought I'd share a gift from a few years past, from my BFF. 

Meet my ORT Baubles. 

They get filled up with the bits and pieces of thread, or occasionally labels, or even fabric offcuts. 

I see in each of them a history of my crafting life through the times.  Last year I added a few bits of fabric from quilting, and a lot of wool from crochet.  This year has been largely cross stitch so many thread offcuts. 

Is it just that I don't want to keep visiting the bin as often? Yeah maybe a little bit of that too, but it's fun to do and hurts nobody so I will be happy with that. 

I think I have 4 more to fill, feels like it's almost time to start the next one! 

Check out Jo's page for a list of all the participants this month. 




5 comments:

  1. I've never seen anything like the Ort Baubles. An interesting idea. Once you fill the Ort Baubles, what do you do with them? Are they glass or plastic? I'm going to have to do some googling on this. Popped in from Gifted Gorgeousness.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They hang on the Xmas tree in my craft room for a few weeks, and the rest of the year find a place on a shelf in there too. These ones are plastic, I have seen some in glass too but I'm not that brave as I'm very clumsy

      Delete
  2. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. These are such a fun idea. I have thought about doing one with my annual TUSAL ORTs but I tend to use them for stuffing an ornament instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story and fun idea, love it (I'm like Jo, always something to stuff). xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the ort baubles. Do you pop them on your Christmas tree?

    ReplyDelete