Thursday 2 July 2020

Life INSIDE the washing basket - Lockdown stitch-along - more tulips and a lot of dotty green

The title says it all, really.  Added more yellow in to finish off the tulip heads (stems are yet to materialise).  But as it was a bit of a dark and murky evening outdoors, it was hard to find some of the other symbols, buried as they were underneath the backstitch.

I felt like I should have made lots more progress, particularly as my BFF finished the backstitch by now (check out http://apatchworkofcrafts.blogspot.com/ for her updates).  And at one point, I needed task lighting to brighten the work up enough to figure out what was next.  So we resorted to one-way viewing, my BFF left her camera on and I turned mine off.

I've been given special dispensation to finish off the remaining cross stitches outside of the stitch-along, for fear that I leave my poor BFF nothing to write about whilst I catch up. (as she's a more prolific craft blogger than me, that didn't phase her, but it felt stressful to me, which would be defeating the object of nights together where we have fun).

So - stay tuned over the next few days, for an intermediate update.  Meanwhile, here's the first update picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment