Friday 10 July 2020

Life INSIDE the Washing Basket - nearly almost almost..

Getting so close to the end I can feel it now.  Back-stitch duly begun this time, and no more fighting to see what colours are underneath those backstitch lines.

We did a little bit of what I call 'Tech Support' nattering first, getting my BFF up and running with her new automated tripod/selfie stick for blog photography, as it works via Bluetooth which she'd not experienced in the past.

And then we had a quiet evening's stitching, peppered with small snippets of conversation (this week we were stitching a day later, as I'd been house hunting again so had bits and pieces to share).  And meanwhile my BFF was stitching up and 'birthing' the (almost) finished project.  We discovered (after she had stitched up) that this was a project which should be stitched with wrong sides together rather than 'bagging out', so some hilarity ensued whilst she was pushing seams on stiff Aida through a very small space.  But the birthing process was completed, and you can see what it will look like over at http://apatchworkofcrafts.blogspot.com/.

So - this is my completion so far, a bit more backstitch to go, for which again I have special dispensation to complete outside the session, so that I can get to the making up part next week.  I'll post again once that one is done.  You can really see what a difference the backstitch is making on this particular project!


3 comments:

  1. Yup, just the last little finishing bits, of backstitch for you and trimmings for me...oh then we can start out new project...I better get material hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with finishing the backstitching. Looking forward to seeing your biscornu which now you have the advantage of knowing how to put it together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Deborah suffers the pain so I can learn from it!! Looking forward to getting to stitch it together though, and to our next stitch along project.

      Delete