Saturday 16 July 2022

Gifted Gorgeousness July linkup

Wow, it's the 15th again already? (Technically past that now as I began the post yesterday)

Gifted Gorgeousness is hosted by Jo at Serendipitous Stitching, we share crafts and crafty gifts made or received.  Once you've finished here, hop there to see who else is participating. 

This month is the turn of one my 'spare hobbies', every now and again I get a desire for more than my usual crafts. Watercolour painting is one such.

I got this book for Xmas a couple of years back,  I like the artists style. 


This part of my own attempt at recreating this one, of the castle in one of my spiritual homes nearby.  Can you tell which castle it is?


I'm reasonably happy as it feels more solid than some former attempts, although good tree work still eludes me right now, hence you only getting to see part of my painting yet. 

But it also leads me to the point of my ramblings too, that sometimes the greatest gift is actually having the time pursue our hobbies.  Since moving home over a year ago,  I've had so much more time to stitch, and knit, and crochet, and paint.  And on our holidays I've been enjoying taking my time to sketch some of the scenes as well as taking photographs.

Enjoy hopping around the linkup.


4 comments:

  1. Great to see watercolor on the blog, love it! The castle is lovely, blue and green colors so great. I love the reflection in the water. Thanks for sharing (I'm going to learn more about this book as I love to paint watercolor too for some cards and to color some drawings). xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that too, wish I could have managed it, but that's the book and artist Charles Evans. I'll swap the images around as it reads almost like the other way round

      Delete
  2. Wow! I envy anyone who can paint, and you've done a fabulous job so far! What a fun gift to receive I know it will bring your hours of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had a lovely visit. Painting is such a relaxing past-time. I wish I had your talent for it.

    ReplyDelete