Thursday 28 July 2022

BFF SAL 9 - Ta-Da!

This has been a massive stitch, I believe it may be the biggest piece I've done actually. 

It made for an interesting SAL, as our approach was so different. 

I have to admit that I'm very chuffed with the overall result.  Now to find a suitable frame,  as square ones are harder to come by. (Edit to add I now have a frame but just need the combination of available time and energy to do the job).


Skype night this week was a welcome chance to catch up after a few weeks off.  

As my BFF has alluded to, the right 'next piece' has yet to show itself,  we have a couple of potential things but neither of them feel like something we wanted to stitch together right now. 

And as we make our own rules,  we will give ourselves permission to work on whatever we feel like,  as was our way back when we met in person for 'Cfarties'.

So this is mine this week,  from a simple cover kit. I'd had a grand plan for starting my Halloween piece,  but couldn't decide on a fabric so it's also on my To Be Done later pile.

3 comments:

  1. Wow..it is so big and bright and wow...must find a frame for mine..actualy must find mine, I put it somewhere safe. Hey now it is finished you can share the design details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A superb piece, a large project t for sure. Good luck with the framing, it will look superb I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the Happy Dance for your wonderful Tree of Life. I do admire the way you tackled the border, it does look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete