Monday 11 April 2016

Over the hills

..and far away!

Yes we have climbed to the top of Mount Project, and come back safely down the other side.  Feeling a good buzz at having finished it, combined with a hefty dose of 'argh now I have to get on with the OU again'.  OU assignment is due in 16 days, it's the final TMA so no extensions allowed, and I think I'm behind on not just the assignment but the work to catch up to it.

So it will be the old 'read what I need for the assignment and come back to the rest' workaround, I need to make a good plan for what to do and when to do it, make promises to myself about both achievements and rewards - and then stick to the plans and promises.

Next 'hill' to climb - we are shortly off to the big wide world of live development work.  How much we will get our hands on, how much of an Agile environment it will actually be, what do we put together for our 'show and tell' presentation afterwards?  There are a few of us going to the same team, so I know that I won't be alone, which is nice.  It's another of those 'unknowns' I guess - with as many questions as we have answers at the moment.  Looking forward to putting on my climbing boots and navigating the hill though, if it's been as much fun as the developer journey so far, it will be worth the climb....

No comments:

Post a Comment