Monday 21 November 2016

Is Good Enough still GOOD ENOUGH?

That seems to  be the question that I've saddled myself with lately.  I think I am stressing more about the results of this final module than I have about any other part of my OU journey.  The fact that the result of this one will determine that final result seems to have endowed it with some extra significance, but that in itself seems to be creating a spiral of worry that I've not felt before.

Re-reading my old posts, whilst I have always strove to be the best that I can be, and would be disappointed with anything else from myself, I've never put pressure on myself to this extent.  I've found that those moments during this TMA when I can't see the wood for the trees (and you know I've had them in every module before too....) the small seeds of doubt creep in, that I've never allowed myself before.

I had a particularly bad evening's study last night and started to worry more, which of course never paved the way for coherent rational thoughts of any kind, let alone technical ones with data wrangling.

I HAVE to get my head back to the old thinking - all I actually need is 40% - that magic 85% would be awesome IF it happens, but I have to stop worrying about achieving the 85% as it's going to stop me from getting to the 85% with its stressful effects on my brain.

PS - much better evening's study tonight, found the answers I needed without too much fuss once I was less tired and stressed, hence feeling calm enough to put my feelings down in a blog at the end of the night.

All together now - "GOOD ENOUGH IS GOOD ENOUGH" - Aim for a good pass and be grateful if the Distinction finds me.  Lather, rinse, repeat....

No comments:

Post a Comment