Saturday 13 June 2020

The wonderful thing about Tiggers...

...is that they remind me of my youth.



Not the youth of childhood, as Winnie the Pooh was never one that I read as a small child (nor even in large doses once I had a small child of my own).

No - Tigger reminds me of my early twenties, spending time with my BFF.  And in particular, a city break to Dublin, where we learned a lot about each other and our responses to the stresses of our daily life. 

On other holidays up to this point, we had always been similar in energy levels, with my friend usually being the one pushing me to 'be more Tigger'.  However, as her Dad had recently been in hospital with some medical issues, and indeed was only released on the day we travelled, it resulted in that sense of relief setting in which then allows the body to relax - and although I'd gone into full-on 'Tigger' mode, my poor BFF was feeling much more like Eeyore.

We did still have a great weekend, despite the imbalance of energies, including a takeout pizza which we thought we were sneaking into our B & B, (until the landlady offered us plates and cutlery for it), and a steak dinner in a hotel which assumed we were business-women on an expenses-paid trip.  And despite (or perhaps because of) that balance of energies, we are still BFF's, many many years later.

So, here's my 'Lockdown Tigger', a small stitching project started and completed during lockdown.

2 comments: