Thursday 4 June 2020

Life INSIDE the washing basket - lockdown stitch along - I remembered

Or rather, I was reminded (by my BFF) of the context of last week's missing bits - it might make more sense now teehee, including the reasoning for posting the pattern, which wasn't just a matter of perspective.

The reason I posted the pattern (see last week for more info), was the strangeness of some of the symbols.  One of the symbols is a back-slash (\) - now in the context of my job, this has another meaning altogether as an 'escape character', but in the context of cross stitch - it just looks WRONG!!  Why, you may ask?  Well, it's going the wrong way - the first half of a cross stitch (for me at least) looks like a forward-slash (/).  So to have halves going the wrong way is just WRONG I tell ya!

Anyway, this week's update - a straightforward evening of chattering and stitching, moves part 2 onto looking a bit like a destroyed Star Wars tie-fighter.  My BFF's is much further on and we are now contemplating what will be next when we finish this one in a few weeks.  Any suggestions for small patterns anyone?

And if you didn't arrive from there, head to http://apatchworkofcrafts.blogspot.com/ to see how my BFF is getting on....


2 comments:

  1. No the wonderful thing about of the Disney variety?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet.... not stood still long enough to finish him

      Delete