Wednesday 23 September 2020

All over the place - Lockdown SAL

Finally starting to feel like there's a single picture emerging, although the bizarre peppermint shade of the grass on the right still intrigues me - it looks less odd in amongst the green stuff on the left. 

This week should have been a walking week, but a local lockdown and torrential rain both put a stop to that.

We started a new variegated thread this week.  Now, most magazines have their patterns with both Anchor and DMC options, this is no exception.  However, two of the threads, Stormy Seas and Mountain Stream, did not have any alternative suggestions.  Fair enough, methinks, I will break with my habits and buy the Anchor threads for those 2.  Unfortunately, as I have had the pattern saved for several years, they have been discontinued so weren't available for purchase.

So, a search was required, and with a bit of Internet wizardry (read Google search), I found a site which compared DMC alternatives to Anchor threads, and suggested levels of closeness.  So the dark path is DMC 4240, replacing Anchor Stormy Seas.  There is a teeny bit of single strand work, and more to come in the rest of the piece in 2 strands.  Feels like there's less variation between the lights and darks in this thread than the variegated green grass.

There's a bit of stuff all over the place this week, which is representative of the state of my head... A busy day in a busy week. 

Head over to http://apatchworkofcrafts.blogspot.com/ to see my BFF's progress.. As she beat me to it this week! 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks again for the thread research and ordering me those illusive variegated threads alongside those for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can clearly see the picture now and it is looking great. Hope the 4020 is just what you need!! Hope your rain clears up too.

    ReplyDelete