Tuesday 15 September 2020

Gifted Gorgeousness - September


Oo, just sneaking in for this month's Gifted Gorgeousness event at the last minute, hosted by the lovely Jo at https://serendipitousstitching.blogspot.com on the 15th of each month.

This is the (almost) completed Golden wedding sampler for my parents, this coming weekend.  
 

It's the second adaptation of Claire Crompton's Finding Mr Right pattern for me, I loved it so much I made their Ruby anniversary sampler from it 10 years ago, I can't quite believe it's been so long!!  Here it is for comparison, I wanted to keep the bones of the pattern intact to symbolise the unchanging love they have for one another, but I didn't want to simply recreate the original variant with golden threads.




I still need to find a frame and press the completed item, but I'm pleased to have finished the stitching on time at least.

My parents' long and happy marriage is something we aspire to ourselves.   In addition, we almost share a wedding anniversary, when we were choosing our wedding day, we decided to hold it just 2 days after their anniversary.  We'll have been married for 18 years this year, a mere drop in the ocean compared to the 50 years of my parents.  But I can't imagine spending my life with anyone else.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your parents, that's a beautiful design, how lovely that you did it for their 40th and now their 50th

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I love how much the colour changes the look of the sampler. My parents got married the day after my Grandparents' Anniversary. Both managed over 50 years and my parents look likely to beat my grandparents' 60 years too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are lovely pieces, quite the accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete