Thursday 4 February 2021

Get in the Hole, man! Lockdown SAL

Lots of filling in gaps this week for me, although those big white spaces make me sad, when I see my BFF's almost - complete piece and realise how much slower I must be stitching.  This is the downside of a common project, that tendency towards comparison. Check out her progress on http://apatchworkofcrafts.blogspot.com

But the post title was more about my general need to rant this week, I've been struggling emotionally with the continuing Lockdown, and little things that I'd probably have brushed off in a 'normal' world, are somehow becoming additional irritants that are simply adding to the stress.

Thankfully, my stitching and the  SAL are not in that category.  But I thought I'd share my favourite stitching rant.  It covers a multitude of sins, from thread that jumps out of the needle just when I'm close to finishing it, to needles that just don't want to go in the hole that I'm directing them towards. So my BFF is often subjected to the rant, "Get in the Hole, man!!".

What's your favourite rants whilst stitching? 

5 comments:

  1. Who's stupid idea was this....when I have overcomplicated things for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress, I too am sick of the lockdown, its getting old.
    Have a great day

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always good to rant, it does relieve the stress. Lockdown is certainly causing frustrations and I often rant (to no-one just out loud) that this virus can go take a running jump!

    My stitching rants are exactly the same as you, why do needles just slide off thread? and how con a needle not go straight into a hole, especially one that it's been in before?

    Stay safe, stay well, stay happy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any progress is good progress! I use the secured needle method when I'm stitching with two strands so the needle can't just slip off. Years of stitching on a train have taught me the importance of not letting your needle fall onto the floor! Probably my most common rant is "why is the thing I need in the other room?" As I stitch in multiple places around the house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all stitch at different speeds. I think a lot of it has to do with the enjoyment of stitching that piece.

    The lockdown is annoying but if they locked everyone down at the same time I think it may be a big help. This city does it this week and then the city next door next week so I don't see how they think that will help.

    I too hate when I get to the end of the floss and the needle just won't stay on there.

    ReplyDelete