Monday 16 May 2022

Gifted Gorgeousness May link up

It's time for Gifted Gorgeousness again, how did that happen already??

Gifted Gorgeousness is hosted as ever by the lovely Jo at Serendipitous Stitching.  We are tasked with sharing our stitching on gifts, or with gifted fabric, or any combination of these things. 

My share this month, you've already seen a little bit of on my earlier post Adventures in Evenweave

But the reason it still fits here, is that I received the lovely book it came from from my BFF on our joint Xmas/Birthday real world meet up. 

There are SO many gorgeous patterns in here, I'm very excited to be starting on one of them. 


Here's the my abandoned evenweave version alongside for size comparison. It's about the size of one sleeve!


I'm looking forward to stitching a few designs from this book, I think it was one of my favourite pressies.   It didn't make me laugh quite as much as this one though. I'm getting through a lot of 550 on the SAL. 



7 comments:

  1. What a lovely gift from your friend! So far the stitching looks lovely. Stitching over one is my favorite thing to do, though it does take some getting used to. If you stitch in hand rather than in a hoop, I find it much harder to do. I look forward to seeing more projects from your new book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gift of laughter is one that is shared my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like an amazing book. Such a great gift from your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. New books are always great for new projects. This color 550 is amazing. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pattern book looks awesome, what a special gift. Looking forward to seeing your project progress. Newbie with The Gift Linky.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. That's a wonderful book, I love Joan's Oriental designs. You did make life difficult by trying to stitch over one on the evenweave! 550 is a gorgeous purple, but my all time favourite purple is 333

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely book your friend gave you! I’m struggling with evenweave on my current oldest WIP at the moment. When I started I had the fabric on a frame which made it easier to stitch, but the frame hurt my wrists so I took the stitching off the frame, but it is much harder to stitch now! 😬😁
    Barbara xx
    Purple is one of my favourite colours too 😁

    ReplyDelete