Monday 8 August 2022

Stitching Friends are Friends Who Count - Summer Blog Hop 2022


Welcome to the Hop, hosted by Jo at Serendipitous Stitching

Let me tell you about my Stitching Friend today and see if you can guess who she is. 

My Friend lives in the Southwestern US state of Arizona.  My geography is abysmal,  I had to look up where it was before posting as I have always thought Arizona was in the southeast!!

She is currently recovering from multiple surgeries so doesn't get quite as much opportunity to stitch as she would like, I think.  Despite this, she's making great progress (by hand too) on a Cathedral Windows friendship quilt, supported by her dog Murphy.

As she's a quilter, I thought I'd share this bed runner, which grew out of a larger  project my BFF helped me to design, which may still be underway for many years to come!

And for a focus on friendship,  how about this one?

The words spoke to me of who, and what my BFF, is to me. And my BFF, who is not a woman of great emotional displays in general, was very touched by both dragon and sentiment.

The writing (which is the reason I knew my BFF wouldn't make it for herself) was much easier than I expected.  The dragon itself was an easy stitch, but it was one of those items for which the back stitch required coming up and down in holes which were not there, it was ironically my most difficult backstitch



And in case you haven't already guessed, my Friend for the Hop is Grace at https://needlespinsanddragonflies.blogspot.com/

Hop over there to continue your journey around our Blog Hop. 



6 comments:

  1. I will admit to only figuring it out because I had just been looking at her blog early this morning....and whenever I hear or see Arizona a friend from there pops into my mind. Whenever anyone said it was hot he would reply this is not hot, its HOT in Arizona!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello....thank you for your review, Love your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! This has been such fun! I'd looked at her blog earlier, too ... so I had a pretty good idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely to find here my Arizona friend, as it is with her that everything started for me on blogging with all those new friends around the world. Hugs. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for taking part in The Summer Postcard Blog Hop this year.
    You did a great job describing our Gracie, she's been a part of my blogging life for many years and is very special to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arizona, of course Gracie! I love your dragon, what a very special friendship it is.

    ReplyDelete