Monday 7 March 2016

Thank you Open University!

Had a real booster of a day today - training was intense as ever,  but some of the concepts covered called once again on the knowledge I've gained from the OU courses.  We covered core programming concepts such as loops and conditional statements, and installed software and moved files etc from the Terminal.

Given how nervous I've been around the 'people skills', it was nice to feel like I had learned something besides the theory from my study years.  And at the end of the day (at home) I managed to solve a complex issue that had been bugging me in some of my 'play code', and which was a step or two further on from where we're currently studying in the 'day job'.

So thank you OU for managing to plant all these seeds of programming in my brain, somewhere there is a magic beanstalk beginning to germinate!

More days like today please!!

No comments:

Post a Comment