Friday 29 May 2020

Life INSIDE the washing basket - a question of perspective

Finally got part 1 finished tonight, with the back-stitch all completed.  Although it looked quite complex on the pattern, it felt most soothing to be doing it.

And this meant I could finally make a start on the second part.  Here's the resulting work so far:




You'll see from our blog posts that my BFF and I have approached this second stitch (as we did on the first one) from a totally different perspective.  I started from the centre, followed some long lines outwards and then am working around the outside from those long lines as a 'jumping off point'.  Having started this way, I found it easier to see individual blocks of colour, which I'd worried about due to the large amount of back-stitch in the centre which was quite distracting.  So maybe the perspective helped.


And here's a final new perspective - I often find it easier to see how I'm going on a project by looking at the state of the pattern - so here they are so far:

Feels like a great positive perspective which is helping at this mad old time of lockdown.

2 comments:

  1. No mention of the \\\\\ symbol issue? I was looking forward to reading about that. You beat me to the post this week so I better go ang get mine done. Now if I can just recall what I was going to post about! Oh and if anyone is worried about the pattern being shared above, the copyright reference is on there and this a pattern the designer has shared as free on her facebook page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, I knew there was something I meant to add - might update later - I knew there was something that I meant to talk about. Might have to remind myself of the context again first though LOL

      Delete