Thursday 8 October 2020

A post of many colours - Lockdown SAL


This week I did a little bit of a few things.  Finished off the brown in the path, added in some more soothing grass.  But I'm running out of minty grass thread 369, so we decided to do some more variegated up in the trees.  

It did not look like a massive space, but somehow that 'one at a time dotty' style of stitching for the variegated thread slowed things down.  I'm not at all a fan of this variegated green, it's very difficult to be random with it.  Not something I want to revisit, and in fact, if the thread runs out then it will be replaced by a random selection of normal greens.

We did, however, have an hilarious night's nattering, with my BFF's mother's embarrassing stories of youth keeping us amused.  But I found out that I'm no good at trying to retell and recreate the hilarity, so I will keep the memories inside and smile again about them throughout the week ahead.

Head over to http://apatchworkofcrafts.blogspot.com to see my BFF's progress. 

2 comments:

  1. Your piece looks good as does Deborah's. You have more tree trunks, she has more leaves but when you look at them both we almost know what the finish will look like. It is hard to use the variegated when they are one stitch here and one there since the color doesn't change that quickly but it still looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny how the two designs still look quite different to each other!

    ReplyDelete