Thursday 18 March 2021

A sense of clarity - Lockdown SAL


A joint start to the back stitching this week, my BFF had been gleefully anticipating a finish, but we often underestimate the amount of time needed for backstitch.  And there is a reasonable amount of it in this project.  

I love the backstitch trunk on the left trees, but the branches feel a bit random and 'afterthought - y'… never mind, there's some there now.

I decided to work on the bluebell flowers next, in the hopes that my little blue man might go away... No such luck, now he just wears a mermaid skirt!! Hoping that the stems have the desired effect next week.

And then we need to figure out what to do next!

Head to my BFF's update on http://apatchworkofcrafts.blogspot.com to see her progress.


2 comments:

  1. I am sure the little man will disappear soon! At least he's not so noticeable now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Backstitching adds such dimension, I am also sure the little man will disappear.
    Have a wonderful week.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete