Wednesday 7 April 2021

A matter of care

Lately, I've been experimenting with technology for cross stitch.  Normally, I'm an old fashioned 'paper pattern and highlighter' fan. But I'd seen a lot of press for the Patter Keeper app, which I can use on my phone or tablet.

So I gave it a go, and was merrily tootling along.  Came to look for a new bit of colour to stitch, and the picture didn't seem to look right against the paper pattern I still have.

Yikes!  Turns out that the option I thought would give me a 3 row border between pages.... Doesn't! It missed off 3 entire rows!  So an awful lot of frogging required, and a blog post drafted to talk about it and then left till I calmed down!!   All the progress on the yellow and brown on the photo had to be undone! 



Thankfully, I've moved on from the experience now, and am loving the convenience of the app for my bigger patterns.  The piece I was working on has progressed hugely, but I won't share that one here just yet as it's a present. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh I recall when this happened, interesting to read your post about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! That's so frustrating! At least it's all out now and you can move on.

    ReplyDelete