Thursday 8 April 2021

A new beginning - Lockdown SAL 3

Well, we did it, we moved on to our third SAL.  We deliberated long and hard over this one, we've both enjoyed watching the same projects grow in different ways.

I had to admit to massive terror and trepidation at the thought of my very first Teresa Wentzler stitch, her designs are gorgeous but usually ohhh, so complicated, with blends and beads and speciality stitches, oh my!!  As it's a small design at 50 something by 40 something, I think it will make a good introduction to her work for me. 

So, as you can see, we made a start and, as is our way, approaching the job differently already.  My BFF is on linen, I'm on Aida, her on pale green and me on antique parchment colours.

We've both made a mistake in the start of the project, my mistake came (or at least was discovered) first.  Decided I can live with it and work around it accordingly.  And other than telling you there is one, I'm not sharing what it is.

I had great fun starting this one.  It's interesting that the parts I have stitched first in the arms of the cross are the opposite ones to my BFF. We often do that, most odd!

Head over to my BFF's update on http://apatchworkofcrafts.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. I love Teresa Wentzler designs! If you enjoy this one I recommend the Byzantine Ornaments. If they are still available.

    ReplyDelete