Wednesday 21 April 2021

Invisible threads? BFF SAL 3

Invisible!  That's what the beginning of this week's stitching felt like! Not actually invisible thread but Old gold, very light.... Otherwise known as cream or very pale yellow.  Whichever way... It blended in far too well on the parchment colour background for my liking.

So I was forced to work on the green next, which proved deeply satisfying as an antidote to the cream.

Check out my BFF's update when she's ready on http://apatchworkofcrafts.blogspot.com

I'm getting wrong for being faster on this project, I'm not convinced it's actually the case, as my BFF has tackled lots of the more complex round motifs which require more concentration.

Thoroughly enjoying the stitch though, glad my BFF persuaded me to do it. 

4 comments:

  1. My yea I thought it looked pale on my fabric but it is trying very hard not to be seen at all on yours. We are going to appreciate the backstitching round that shade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Cross, so many designers use threads that make no sense to me when you cannot see the threads, I do change many colors when stitching.

    Catherine

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. The design is looking lovely! I have to ask - are you from East Anglia as I've never heard anyone else use the expression "I'm getting wrong" apart from us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol nope, definitely both Northern girls (East Durham born but living in Northumberland now for me) so it must be common to more places than we realise!

      Delete