Thursday 27 May 2021

The importance of Presence - BFF SAL not quite..

Lately I have really been feeling the absence of a 'normal' life, digital overload is setting in again, it feels like I'm dialling into everything recently, and that there's no short-term answers to fix it, as I suspect my 'normal' office life will become a thing of the past.

However, there's a little light at the end of the tunnel, Lockdown restrictions have eased again, and we can go out or away with a set number of people outside our households.

So I decided it was a digital 'week off'  outside of work, and my BFF and I went out for dinner.  Given how long it has been since we were properly allowed in each other's presence, we had certain gifts to be shared, as we had missed my BFF's birthday twice and a Christmas too. Neither of us had wanted to just hand over gifts at the door, as half the pleasure is in the joy of seeing someone open their gifts.  I might share some of those on next month's Gifted Gorgeousness though, so I'll not talk about them now.

We have taken a side by side comparison photo of our SAL to appreciate just how different they are, having come from the same pattern!

And just like our SAL, my dinner was the same but different, steak with a topping of mac n cheese, and sweet potato fries in place of chips for me.

The best and most important part of the evening was the chance to hug my BFF again, and to just BE together again.

3 comments:

  1. Oh you managed a shot of both meals,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see the two projects together! And the meals too LOL
    I've only just had my second vaccine so it's going to be a little while before I can hug anyone outside my immediate family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stitching, good to see both photos. It is nice to be out and about again, with caution of course

    ReplyDelete