Thursday 3 June 2021

Over the line at last - BFF SAL 3 finish

Finally got the last stitches in my BFF SAL piece this week.  Both of us decided to make it somewhat less busy in the way of backstitch than the pattern shows.  I settled for the gold around the cross, to differentiate it from the rest of the backstitch which I loved using the red for.

I'm not quite sure on the final finish for this one, it may be framed or it may become a cover piece for a book with hymns, I did contemplate using it for a prayer card, but I think it's too thick for the fine paper in my Sunday Missal.  I will update the blog again when I decide on a full-finish plan and carry it out!

Check out my BFF's update on http://apatchworkofcrafts.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. It really is beautiful, I am not a big fan of back stitching, I am looking forward to seeing what you finish it with frame or book cover.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the Happ Dance for the simplified cross! Looking forward to seeing how you fully finish it now.

    ReplyDelete