Thursday 18 May 2023

Gifted Gorgeousness May linkup

Checkout Serendipitous Stitching for a list of participants. I've had quite a stitchy fun time lately so I have things to share for a change. 

This lovely Derwentwater Designs piece was a gift from my BFF a few years ago. Like lots of my pieces, I started at the time then ran out of oomph for a goodly while!  There are multiple blends and a mixture of full and half cross stitches in both one strand or two.  But by far the fiddliest part was the backstitch which also called for mixtures of shades and thicknesses.   It's all worth it though for this beautiful picture. 


Another gift from my BFF,  which she's also talked about on her GG linkup, this lovely DMC thread project card.. not sure if there's an official term for that, even the package doesn't give one?  This was an accidentally re-gifted piece as I gave it to her, it's not the first time we've regifted but it's probably the first unknowingly done so!

The other beautiful piece of the same nature which she has already shared,  has been organised into boxes with some other accessories,  so I can't share it alongside until I get myself reorganised yet again!  Check out her blog to see it.



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I just call it a Thread Holder and make them out of old greetings cards usually!
    Love the Derwent Water design, the colours are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are Blessed with a wonderful generous friend, love the Sampler, boats are so romantic to me.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful gifted piece, I love the colours.
    Oops on regifting! But it's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete