Thursday 15 July 2021

Gifted Gorgeousness July link up


It's the 15th of the month again already, so it's time for Gifted Gorgeousness again!

This month it's more a case of regifted, you will have seen more of this on my BFF's blog on http://apatchworkofcrafts.blogspot.com/2020/10/diamond-paintingprogress.html?m=1, as I bought it for her as a potential new relaxing hobby.  Alas, she did not find it that way at all!

So it has come back to my house to be completed. So far, I'm enjoying the process, but I have yet to decide whether the full coverage look is going to appeal to me either.  Ironically... It lacks backstitch!! And I had a little trouble with symbols being reused too, if you look at the first picture you can see the Y in 2 different shades.  And unsticking is more annoying than unpicking!

 The whole piece is an Anne Stokes dragon design. I'm going to stay zoomed in until I progress a bit further, but you can see the fuller version on my BFF's blog for now. 

I've also been working on 2 other gifts, but as they are yet to be finished and gifted, I will hold off on sharing for a bit longer.

5 comments:

  1. It looks so pretty on that close up, and is it much more relaxing now you are doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've avoided diamond painting (I do not need another hobby to obsess over!), but that project looks very interesting. Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to do diamond painting but have so many other crafts going.
    I checked out the Dragon photo, it is a pretty design.
    Have a lovely day.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I'm afraid I have zero interest in the sparkly stickers pictures! I do quite like jigsaws but haven't done one for years. My other hobby is rock painting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried diamond painting, but what you have done so far looks great! It's all about the enjoyment of the craft...so have fun!

    ReplyDelete