Thursday 22 July 2021

All that Glitters - Arting with Diamonds

Well... I did it.  And I enjoyed the process, at least up to the final 20 or so ninjas I needed to find (even more annoying on diamond painting than on cross stitch). 

Close up, I have to admit it still feels a bit too pixelated for my tastes.

To keep the piece secure, I used Mod Podge glue which dries clear and adds a glossy layer. It will help to act as a kind of grout for the little tiles.  It feels really odd before it dries, good job I've used this glue before and trust it to dry clear!! 


Add a frame, and it is ready to be displayed, where it can be viewed from a more acceptable distance.

I definitely like it better framed and with distance.  The original print is also a faded background and that comes across more with that physical distancing from the finished painting. 

Still looking for just the right project next, where I can complete from start to finish.  I have my eye on a couple of things, as well as some sticky background to use with other charts, as you would with a counted cross stitch. 

2 comments:

  1. I am almost jealous , but it would never have been finished if it had stayed with me, looks good on your wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so pretty now that I see it framed.
    Congratulations on the finish.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete