Wednesday 23 February 2022

Aaaaaaaaaaaaargh. I can't count. BFF SAL 7

A most frustrating stitch this week.  Decided to start on the cat at the bottom of the design, having worked some little flowers from the top of the design down-overs.

But upon counting, it did not match up with the flowers above to be where it ought to be. 

No matter what I did, and how I counted, my cat was right, and my flowers were right. I pulled the entire cat out in disgust, blaming covid-brain. 

I spent more of the session un-stitching than I did stitching! 

And then I decided to work on the second side of the design.  So that's when I realised that the mistake was made last week, on the main frame, which is one stitch too short.

So I have dispensation to fix the (currently invisible) cat, which was never wrong in the first place!!  I'll update you again once I've done that, probably just on this post. 

Oh, but I did sneak in some backstitch in the top of the frame, as that's self-contained. 

I can work around the rest now I know what the problem is, as there's nothing much structural to stress about.   So much for a simple cover kit!!

Check out my BFF's update on http://apatchworkofcrafts.blogspot.com

EDIT: finally I have a cat shape there!

3 comments:

  1. It’s very pretty! Frustrating for you. That has happened to me too in the past! Look forward to seeing the cat.
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always make more counting errors on Smalls than larger projects! It's Murphy's Law of some sort!

    ReplyDelete