Thursday 24 March 2022

A small jump to a big project - BFF SAL 9

Oopsie... We did plan to finish BFF SAL 8 this week first.

But we were getting itchy fingers and the desire to start BFF SAL 9 was just too great! 


You'll soon see that although our approach to where we're stitching is similar (centre out), our approach to the fabric choice and subsequent size is very different!!

This is the biggest piece of material I've stitched with, not that I'm expected to fill it all.  But it's also the smallest count. This is my first piece on 18 count, I've bought some in the past for a particular project but never got round to using it as I changed my mind.


Bobbin and rug for scale... My material is 19 x 21 inches! 

We're both really enjoying this one.  The pattern calls for a single colour, but we may change our minds when we get to the next stage. 

We've also discussed some alternative rules for stitching on this, as I feel like neither of us really wanted to keep it purely for a once weekly session.  But likewise we are keen to maintain a balance, as the single colour lends itself very well to overdoing things and stitching long into the night! So I think a set permitted limit for outside stitching will be quite nice. 

For this week though, no extracurricular action allowed, as we both have to finish BFF SAL 8 offline and then share our finishes. 

Now check out my BFF's update on http://apatchworkofcrafts.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Nice start on this large project, I am looking forward to seeing it progress.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete