Thursday 17 March 2022

No love in the air - BFF SAL 8...


Not yet any love in the air for this one, although I like the pattern personally, nothing was going right. The thread seems to be poor quality and keeps jumping out of the needle.  And having miscounted my start point, I realised that the fabric provided was only about 4 stitches wider than the design... So definitely no wiggle room for mistakes!

After pulling it out, I cut a piece of fabric from my own stash that I could guarantee would be big enough.  The thought of stitching an entire project and finding out it wouldn't fit was a level of stress I'm not prepared to live with.

Just realised that I have missed 2 rows of stitches on the Air.  They will be picked up next week.

And the cheesy heart shaped balloons will definitely not be a feature on the finished articles.  I'm currently looking at simple hearts as a 'path of least resistance'.

I think our general sense for this project is definitely Meh.

If I'm honest, I think we're both eager to start the next one (before we talk ourselves out of it) , but we need a little prep time to have what we need in place for it. 

Check out my BFF's update on http://apatchworkofcrafts.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. So funny even when we start in the same place we do it differently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet design, I hate when fabric is not the right size.
    We look forward to seeing your progress.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how tight they are with the fabric! It's not even good quality usually.

    ReplyDelete