Thursday 10 March 2022

BFF SAL 7... finally caught up

I was determined to finish in the same week as my BFF this time! I didn't have a lot left to do at the end of our session, but enough that it would have taken at least half of next week.

So next week we have only to mount it on the card and FFO it. 

And then onwards... Hmm I see my BFF has told some of the tale.

Obviously being so close to finishing we needed something new SOON. We have both looked individually and found things we each liked, unfortunately none of those were something that the other felt justified the effort.

So I distracted my BFF with the search in a desperate attempt to catch up a bit too.

And then we found it. And both fell in love instantly. 

And, as is our way, we looked at the size. Oh my word, on 14 count design size 18 inches square!!   Sigh. Another one bites the dust, and continued looking. There was another, which again may be a possibility at a later date because it could be broken down into smaller parts.

But 'it' wouldn't go away. So we both bought the PDF download.

To give a comparison, our biggest SAL to date has been approximately 120 high by 90 wide.  This one... 200+ square. 

The thread guide for 14 count would be 17 Skeins, on 18 count it reduces to 14.

Why does that sound more excessive when it is all one colour? We work loads of patterns with multiple colours where the length of thread used would be much bigger!  I just messaged my BFF to say what have we done?! Will we regret it?   I suspect that we'd be more likely to regret not doing this one. 

BFF SAL 8 will be another cover kit whilst we prepare properly for BFF SAL 9, rather than rushing around to start immediately. 

Check out my BFF's update on http://apatchworkofcrafts.blogspot.com


1 comment:

  1. I'm very intrigued by the new start, I'm thinking maybe an Ink Circles design?
    Love the little cat finish too.

    ReplyDelete