Thursday 20 August 2020

Blue coming through


Yay, those lovely trees are all stitched now!  Barring the backstitch of course.  I was SO tempted to do some back-stitching too, but it turns out that there are still some stitches around the trees that I would have to work around if that were the case.  Added a little more to the grass, but I wasn't really feeling 'the love' for that colour this time round, so I decided I needed a bit of a change.  And so it was time for some work on the bluebells.  

My BFF wasn't to be outdone (we've discovered a fun competitive edge with these joint projects), so she made a start on some bluebell stuff too.  Once again though, we're handling this quite differently, so I'll let her tell you about that over at http://apatchworkofcrafts.blogspot.com/

I'm nervous about straying too far from stitches I already have in as starting points, so these few bits may have to satisfy my need for bluebells for a wee while, and next time I will probably return to do more grass. (and although my BFF and I have both stitched some of the same grass, we've attacked it from different angles too).

Once again, we stayed on for an extra half hour past our normal Skype time, as we were just having so much fun with this stitch. (and with our nattering too, but I might tell you more about that in a different post, as it was unrelated to crafts or the SAL directly).

Probably a walk again next week, weather permitting.  Lots to talk about, and plan for.  I have more stitching WIPs underway though, so you may get an update once I make some more progress on that side of things.

5 comments:

  1. Nice to reach a different colour, the blue is a very shade too.
    I stitched a bluebell wood, several years ago!
    https://comehappydancewithme.blogspot.com/2010/11/bluebell-wood.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is looking good with the blue appearing. Do you two only stitch this piece when you are together or on Skype together? Looking forward to seeing some WIPs come out of your stitching box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faith, yes these are reserved just for when we get together, either virtually or in real life. It stops us getting so bogged down in complex parts of our other WIPs and means we actually talk more!!

      Delete
    2. That is a fun idea. I certainly miss having my stitchy friends nearby like I did when I lived in Illinois.

      Delete