Friday 7 August 2020

Stitching Friends are Friends who Count



Eek!! I am a barrel of nervous excitement - my FIRST EVER BLOG HOP!!

The blog is hosted by Jo over on https://serendipitousstitching.blogspot.com/, check out her blog for further details.

I've lurked in the background and pottered about between other people's crafting/stitching/quilting blogs for several years now, but as my blog was never focused on crafts itself, I never really felt like I could participate.  But lately, COVID-19 lock-down has led to many more stitching sessions, many more photographs being taken, and regular blog posts between my BFF and I.  Which means I have crafty content to share too!

Anyhow - enough about me, you get to find out a little about the Stitching Friend that I have been allocated in the hop.  The idea is to talk a little about my friend, and then suggest something I think they might like, based on their blog posts.  You get to guess who I'm talking about as I go along, but I will be kind and share a link to their blog at the end, just in case you can't guess it.

So.... wow.  That's all I can say. Wow. This lady stitches it ALL... I have to admit that I was entirely overwhelmed on my first look at her blog.  There didn't (at first at least) appear to be many easy themes to her work.

She described herself as having 50 (fifty??? again - WOW) plus WIPs on the go.  She's also currently taking part in a Spring into Summer New Start Binge, where she gets the fun parts of stitching on something new every single weekend.  That's something that seriously appeals to me... if only it didn't have to result in a massive increase in WIPs at the end of it.  I think she started this Binge with the idea of starting and finishing small projects, but as there's at least one HAED design in there, then I think that went out the window pretty quickly!

Her Blogger blog dates back to 2013, which is similar to me, however, unlike me, she had a blog before this.  Unfortunately hacking issues drove her to move platforms.  But that loss is our gain here on Blogger. 

What else can I say?  Oh yes, my Friend does not only stitch (many, many things), but her blog also showcases some of her knitting.  I'm a knitter too, not that you'll find any on my blog as yet.  My Friend knits the item which, as a fellow knitter, scares me the most - SOCKS!  It's that turning and shaping malarkey, I always felt sure I would end up with a strange boggled shape.

So - having had quite a mooch around my Friend's blog, I finally did start to see a theme among some of her stitches, she has a fondness for stitched sayings and quotes.  So I'd recommend Claire Crompton's 'Finding Mr Right' - the pic is unfortunately only from an ebay listing which is selling the magazine pattern, as I have only a bad photocopy on hand and not the original any longer.

The eagle-eyed among you may recognise the pattern from the Ruby Wedding sampler I completed for my parents.


So... in case you hadn't guessed by now, my Stitching Friend is http://tiffstitch.blogspot.com/ - hop on over there to continue your journey.

8 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blog hopping my friend, and due to you being the last on the list, so I had a bit of a visit to the others on the way I did figure it out by the end. I still makes me chuckle that you used the Mr Right pattern as an anniversary sampler for your parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the introduction. This blog hop was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't guessed who your stitching friend was but I'm pleased at the opportunity to read your blog and see what you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love it! That's so fun and you did your research. It's true, I don't have many themes besides starting too many things. And socks are not as scary as you might think. I watched haalu Youtube videos and verypink Youtube videos and both were good at helping you through the trouble spots. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's lovely to meet you Roni through this Blog Hop

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for taking part in the Summer Blog Hop. That was a great description and I think you found a wonderful design for The Woman Who Stitches Everything LOL
    I am so glad that you enjoyed your first Hop. I will definitely do this one again next Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's very nice to meet you here and so glad you joined in on the fun!
    Tiff certainly knows how to keep busy and creates many beautiful pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love how you changed Mr. Right into your parents anniversary gift! That was very clever of oyu

    ReplyDelete