Tuesday 4 August 2020

For real this time

Now this one really IS a wedding sampler.

I completed this one for my younger brother and sister-in-law, who married almost 3 years ago.  The couple are great friends to me and my hubbyman, and their relationship had grown from friendship into something much deeper, they'd been together around 8 years when they got married.  So - I wanted something that would speak to those sentiments, and that would reflect both their marriage and their friendship.  I also knew that I didn't want images with wedding dresses in, these always seem to be more 'bride-focused' and miss out the fact there's actually a husband in there somewhere.

So here is 'A Marriage Is..' by Janlynn.



I really enjoyed stitching on this one, and the recipients loved it.  My sister-in-law does a little cross stitch herself, so she knew just how much work had gone into it.

3 comments:

  1. That is a lovely sampler and I like the way the initials are in the heart in the sand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, that's what drew me to the pattern too

      Delete
  2. A very nice gift for your brother and his bride. It is nice to give a gift that someone truly appreciates.

    ReplyDelete