Monday 3 August 2020

Special things

Sometimes we'll have those projects that just 'speak' to us, this is one of mine. My BFF is a major dragon fan, as you'll be able to see over at http://apatchworkofcrafts.blogspot.com/.  But as she is also a much more prolific cross stitcher than me, it was hard to find just that design that both contained a dragon, but wasn't something she would have stitched for herself already.

Finally, on a day out in a craft shop (sorry I cannot remember which one, it was a long long time ago now, perhaps even longer than the ruby wedding sampler in my last post), I found this.

The words spoke to me of who, and what my BFF, is to me. And my BFF, who is not a woman of great emotional displays in general, was very touched by both dragon and sentiment.

The writing (which is the reason I knew my BFF wouldn't make it for herself) was much easier than I expected.  The dragon itself was an easy stitch, but it was one of those items for which the back stitch required coming up and down in holes which were not there, it was ironically actually one of the hardest projects I've ever back stitched. Normally, of course, I would have picked my BFF's brains as to alternatives, but here I had to manage all by myself.

So it will always hold a special place in my stitching memories.

2 comments:

  1. oh yes and in mine, and it was certainly more than ten years ago, I shall not try to figure out the exact date just now , you have a much nicer photograph of it than I do, but then I have the delight of the original.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a beautiful gift for that special friend and what a wonderful thing for both of you to love in your own way. And you must give yourself more credit in the cross stitch department as it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete