Tuesday 10 August 2021

Old Hobbies

Occasionally I get the urge to knit.  Now I used to be quite a prolific knitter and made myself several cardigans over the years.

However, I have fallen into bad habits with my knitting of late.  I have started and failed to complete at least 2 or 3 adult pieces. I purchased wool to make a jumper for my mother, and realised that the texture of the wool meant that it was being used at an alarminly fast rate, and was looking nowhere near likely to be a jumper.

My mother got the wool in the end, and made a cardigan for my 10 year old niece.  So at least it wasn't wasted! 

Next, I purchased some brightly colored chunky wool to make a jumper for myself, but a chance remark from my BFF's mother about the Halloween shades meant that all I could see was Halloween when I looked at it.

So the wool went to live at my Mam's in disgrace!  It was then turned into hats for the local seafarers charity at our church.

Next came a brightly colored chunky which I decided was to be a jumper for me.  I lost interest and ended up pulling it out to start afresh.

It's currently being knitted into a poncho which I bought in a pattern book years ago, you will have seen it in a plain colour on my BFF's blog regarding her occasional forays into the world of yarn.  I like the colour of hers better, the cables get entirely lost in the pattern of the wool itself.  But I'm determined that this time I will actually continue with the knit, so here's a quick picture of progress, I figured that if I share it then I will be more likely to want to complete it!!
'Scuse the toes!! 

2 comments:

  1. Well it is coming along much quicker than mine that is for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't knit myself, but MIL does and makes all my cardigans!
    At least it's easy to reuse wool if you don't like the first attempt at knitting it up.
    Pretty colour too.

    ReplyDelete