Saturday 7 August 2021

Stitching Friends are Friends who Count - Summer Blog Hop


Welcome to Jo's Summer Blog Hop, hosted by Jo over at http://serendipitousstitching.blogspot.com

The idea of this Hop is to take a look at another stitcher's blog and give you a few clues to see if you can guess who I'm talking about.  I will keep you in suspense till the end of the post.

My Stitching Friend this time round also lives in what I'd call the North East of her country.  However, Google describes it as the Mid West... So I guess that England is not the only place with confusing geography!! (the Midlands being distinctly nowhere near the middle of England and definitely 'down south' to me!) 

She is a prolific stitcher, with a multitude of WIPs.  Like me, I suspect she may be a woman with strong faith, as one of her current WIPs is a beautiful whitework piece the Agnus Dei byvModern Folk Embroidery. 

One of my favourite pieces of her work is her Elizabeth by Gay Ann Rogers, the details are just stunning and must need so much patience!! 

Her project preferences tend to be quite focused on needlepoint and embroidery rather than counted cross stitch, so I struggled a little to find a common ground between her work and mine.  But as a possible suggestion for a piece she might like, how about a recent finish by Teresa Wentzler, which my BFF and I did as a SAL.

 The original pattern looks like the first image, I've adapted it to my own tastes and mounted on a notebook which will be used for hymn lyrics and chords. 

If you haven't guessed by my clues so far, my Stitching Friend is http://bethsneedleworkstash.blogspot.com/

Check out her site and have fun Hopping around with us! 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking part in The Stitching Friends Hop this summer. Great clues and I definitely like your chosen piece so I am sure your friend will too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't guess that it was Beth but I love your Celtic cross that you chose for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recognized Beth from her Agnus Dei project - great introduction!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely cross for Beth. And yes, her Elizabeth is stunning!

    ReplyDelete