Tuesday 10 August 2021

Diamond Dash

Start to finish on this one - 10 days.  I've not yet found a frame for it - I may need to buy a different sized piece of mount board, as I think it will fit in one of my spare frames but the current mount would cover too much of the image.

I've really enjoyed the process and found it almost meditative at times.  But it will never replace cross stitch as my top craft.  Its advantages over cross stitch (no backstitch, no worries about how far my thread is travelling at the back) are so far outweighed by the overall pixelated nature of the finished image.  I somehow sense that a much bigger image is required to allow it to look sharper. 

I do think this one looks slightly sharper than the dragon my BFF and I wound up completing as a one-way -'round robin'. 

Not certain what's next, but I think I have my eye on a Star Wars image which may be a Christmas gift. 

Back to other crafts in the meantime! 


No comments:

Post a Comment