Thursday 19 August 2021

The first step - Patchwork Quilting - Bed Runner

One day I will tell you the whole tale of this quilt.  But for now, as it's a very long tale, this is The Bed Runner Formerly Known As Side Panel Number One.

The rail fence squares are stitched in the ditch (or the furrow, to appease my BFF's sensibilities). In between lie some hexagons, with half-hexies in the border creating a pleasing diamond pattern.

It's had so many varieties of patterns in my head and in template that I have to admit it stalled in a bag, unloved and unfinished, for maybe close to 3 years!!

But having moved home and having space (and time) to do my crafts again, I decided to resurrect it, before starting on any other quilting projects or even the completed top I'd planned to do next.

The materials are from a single duvet from my first house, my parents' lightweight bedroom curtains, and some leftover materials from my first quilt, which I will share too one day.

Here it is, lying in its rightful place on our bed!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah.....whoopeeee and it looks splendid , no more chilly toes.

    ReplyDelete