Wednesday 27 April 2022

A little taste of everything - BFF SAL 9

This week has had a lot of decisions required, on my part at least. So this post is all my own. 


Did I want a mono colour, or one or more contrast in there?

So I began with a bit of a 'thread toss' to audition some alternative options. 

I narrowed it down to 783 for a gold shade - I've always visualised the middle border in gold. But somehow that red in 777 kept calling me.

So the 777 became corner pieces and the middle border became 783.

Decided to give them a live audition too, and added a little bit of each into the work. If I'm honest, I got the gold one on and wasn't convinced, so I had to add a bit of the final border to be sure I would still like it once it was surrounded by the main colour.  Thankfully I do, so I won't have to take anything out!! 

Read onto the next post to find out all about this week's progress proper. 

2 comments:

  1. I didn't realise the piece was so big! I love the colours you've chosen. Looking forward to seeing this one grow.

    ReplyDelete