Thursday 14 April 2022

Gifted Gorgeousness April linkup

It's time (alongside the Easter blog hop) for the Gifted Gorgeousness linkup, hosted by Jo over at http://serendipitousstitching.blogspot.com on the fifteenth of every month. 

This was actually a March start and finish, it is an adaptation of a Durene Jones pattern from the World of Cross Stitching magazine.  I needed to turn the U upside down to create an A, is in our part of the world, our mother is a Mam. I can live with very teeny cursive Us on a card, as Mam cards are very hard to source.  But for a stitched piece she needs her real title! 


I also brightened up the hearts (okay well I was forced to brighten them after following the wrong symbol on the pattern hahaha) and left out some green stitching under the backstitch as it didn't work well with the A rather than a U. 

Finished up as a bookmark as then I know it will be kept and used. Although I have seen it look good presented on a card by other stitchers, my mother is not a keeper of cards.   The  colour of the felt is somewhere between a purple and a raspberry pink. 

4 comments:

  1. What a great adaptation for your mother's gift. Such a good idea to turn it into a bookmark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I'm sure your Mam will enjoy her bookmark! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I am sure your Mam will love the bookmark.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever job for such a nice finish. Great work. xxx

    ReplyDelete