Thursday 28 April 2022

BFF SAL 9 - IRL

Oh, such a good day on Tuesday. Finally, after over a year in our new house, my BFF and I managed a proper real person get together, and a chance for her to visit and see the space outside of a screen!

We started the day off with breakfast out, and after the obligatory house tour, and birthday and Christmas presents exchanged (as we much prefer to do this in person) managed to combine a trip to my local thread stockists and a look at some of the other shops. 

And I got to see my BFF's SAL piece in real life. Now, I'm not entirely silly, and we've done our own pictures for scale in the past, but nothing quite prepared me for the difference on her 1 over 1 piece!  Even the photo here doesn't seem to emphasise it as much! 

There was also a little stitching on the SAL, on the grounds of testing out my new magnifying floor lamp.  

And now on to this week's progress. Added some work in the first border, and a teeny bit of the gold one, with a touch more of the red in the corner piece. 

Check out my BFF's update on http://apatchworkofcrafts.blogspot.com




1 comment:

  1. Yup the big and the small of it, I could see the purple so much better in person than over Skype.

    ReplyDelete